Say what you will about getting older—you can’t deny that it comes with some great discounts! From movie theaters and museums to restaurants and hair salons, many businesses offer lower prices for children, students, and seniors. The key is knowing where to look. To make it even simpler for you to save money, today we’re compiled a list of senior discounts in Memphis and Collierville, Tennessee.
Senior Discounts in Memphis & Collierville
This list isn’t comprehensive and, as discounts are constantly changing, you may want to contact the company or organization before you assume that they offer a discount for seniors.
ENTERTAINMENT & ATTRACTIONS
- Malco Theatres ($8 matinee, $8 evening ticket, $1 off digital 3D movies)
- Palace Cinema 12 (all shows are $5 for seniors)
- Memphis Zoo (seniors 60+ receive $1 off admission)
- Lichterman Nature Center (seniors receive 50 cents off admission)
- Hattiloo Theatre (discounts for seniors and AARP members)
- Playhouse on the Square (seniors pay $22 for all shows)
- Graceland (seniors age 62+ receive 50 cents off admission)
- Theatreworks Memphis (discounts for seniors on a show-by-show basis)
- University of Memphis School of Music (seniors receive discounts on some performances)
- Harrell Performing Arts Theatre (seniors receive discounts on most performances)
- Pink Palace Museum (seniors receive discount on exhibits, planetarium, and 3D theater)
- Mallory-Neely House (seniors age 60+ receive $1 off admission)
- Brooks Museum of Art (seniors age 65+ receive $1 off admission)
- Civil Rights Museum (seniors with an ID receive $1 off admission)
- Memphis Rock ‘n Soul Museum (discounts available for AARP members)
- Memphis Fire Museum (seniors age 60+ with an ID receive $2 off admission)
- Dixon Gallery & Gardens (seniors age 65+ receive $2 off admission)
- National Ornamental Metal Museum (seniors age 62+ with ID receive $1 off admission)
- Stax Museum of American Soul Music (seniors receive $1 off admission)
- Withers Collection: Museum & Gallery (seniors age 62+ receive $3 off admission)
We don’t have time to list every restaurant that offers a senior discount, but here are a few great choices:
- The Dixie Cafe (senior specials include the Early Bird Special, offered every day from 3 to 5 PM, during which seniors age 55+ receive $1 off any entrée, and the Senior Night Special, offered on Tuesdays from 3 PM to close, during which seniors age 55+ receive $1 off their total meal purchase).
- Texas de Brazil (seniors age 65+ receive 10% off a regular or light dinner, valid for up to 8 seniors per table)
- Osaka (early bird special menu from 4:30-6:00 PM, Mondays-Thursdays)
- Shogun Memphis (early bird special every night from 5-6:30 PM for 20% off specific items)
- Paulette’s (early bird specials every night from 4-6 PM)
Don’t be afraid to ask your favorite restaurants, shops, and attractions if they offer a senior discount, or if they have an early bird special or a discount for AARP members. It never hurts to ask, after all, and maybe you’ll inspire the businesses that don’t currently offer senior discounts to provide a special deal for their senior fans!
Are you on the hunt for an assisted living community near Memphis or Collierville? If so, be sure to check out Hearthside Senior Living of Collierville. Hearthside Senior Living Place has been providing exceptional senior living care for over 50 years, and our Collierville assisted living community is our newest location. You can expect spacious apartments and convenient services and amenities, such as exercise classes, a beautiful dining room, and group activities. If you’re interested in learning more about the facility or scheduling a tour, please give us a call at 901-651-2503 or click here. We look forward to hearing from you!