FUNCTION: Supervise all dining service activities in the community’s main dining room, private dining rooms, living room, auditorium, coffee shop/county store, assisted living and skilled nursing dining rooms and room service. Manage dining service within budgetary guidelines while maintaining, or exceeding, Five Star hospitality and food service standards.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS: The following specifications may differ depending upon the number of available employees among whom the performance of a particular job function can be distributed and the size and type of community.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, candidate will possess the mental abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
PURPOSE OF THE DIETARY DEPARTMENT: The purpose of the Dietary Department is to serve appetizing, attractive, and satisfying meals and snacks prepared and served under high standards of sanitation within an allotted budget to meet the nutritional and therapeutic needs of the residents in accordance with the physician’s orders and to provide meals and refreshments for special functions as requested by the Executive Director.
COMMUNICATION: Keeps current and integrates new information. Communicates and model’s organization values and fosters high performance.
- Makes written and oral reports/recommendations to Food and Beverage Director concerning the operation of the Dining Room Services.
- Administers department policies and procedures accurately to personnel, residents, visitors, and family members as necessary.
- Effectively communicates with co-workers, residents, staff and visitors.
- Demonstrates active listening techniques, seeks feedback, creates and maintains reporting mechanisms, gains support through effective relationships, and treats others with dignity and respect.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVIEW: I understand the job description, its requirements and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand the job duties may be altered from time to time. I have noted below any accommodations that are required to enable me to perform these duties. I have also noted below any job duties that I am unable to perform, with or without accommodation.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Demonstrates active listening techniques, gains support through effective relationships, treats others with dignity and respect and seeks feedback.
- Works with the Food and Beverage Director to build relationships and strong communication with residents and families to aid in their adjustment to the community.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship and cooperative attitude with intradepartmental personnel, as well as other departments within the community. Must have patience, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Possesses the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public.
- Possesses leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel while encouraging growth and skill development.
- Works with regional and corporate staff as necessary and implements recommended changes as required.
- Attends community and company mandated in-service trainings and programs.
- Incorporates new methods, principals and trends learned from in-services and continuing education programs into existing practices.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, stir, walk and stand for extended periods throughout the work day. The employee is required to exert 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or
- 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift/move objects.
- Able to reach, carry, finger, grasp and feel objects related to duties.
- Must possess senses (taste, smell, sight and hearing) or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to fully meet requirements of this position.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position which includes adherence to strict time constraints.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel and outside representatives.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions. May be exposed to extreme temperatures (hot and cold) and moving mechanical parts.
- Subject to falls, cuts, burns from equipment and hot foods, odors, etc. throughout the work day.
- May be exposed to heat/cold temperatures in kitchen/storage areas (i.e. kitchen may be warm while cooking and refrigeration units cold while in the units).
- May be exposed to fumes or chemicals.
- Noise level may be above normal in the work environment.
- Ability and willingness to work beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
LPN – Various Shifts Available
LPN needed for a senior assisted living facility in Bartlett, TN. LPN must have at least (but not limited to) a minimum of 1 year experience in geriatrics. Organization and attention to detail a must. Current CPR certification required.
- Experience with Elderly in Related Field.
- Operate Small Office Equipment.
- Operate first aide equipment, minor health related items i.e. B.P cuff.
- Physical/mental assessment skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Training skills.
- Understanding of all regulations.
- Administer Medications and Treatments
- Prepare, administer, and document medications following accepted practices
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
- Consult with appropriate MD or FNP
- Supervise resident assistants on shift
- Respond to resident and family concerns appropriately
- Obtain report from nurse he or she is relieving
- Provide report to nurse coming on duty
- Make daily and frequent resident rounds to ensure resident is physically and emotionally safe and secure and implement any required nursing interventions
- Report to the Director of Health and Wellness
- Knowledgeable in nursing procedures and assessments related to nurse practice licensure
- Participate in In-service Training monthly and as needed
- Promote the well-being and functional independence of each client by encouraging involvement in community activities programming. Coordination of resident assistants on all shifts
- Chain of Command: reports to Director of Health and Wellness.
- Temperament / Aptitude
- Work independently
- Experienced chef/cook with background in serving multiple customers at one time.
- Also looking for independent hard-working individual to run kitchen when dietary manager is off the schedule.