Assistant Director of Nursing
Hearthside Senior Living of Bartlett is currently seeking qualified, personable and dedicated Assistant Director of Nursing, LPN to work in a 67 unit senior or Assisted Living environment as Nursing Support to the Director of Health and Wellness.
The right candidate will be a dependable, self-starter with strong leadership and organizational skills and is capable of both working as a team and supervising the C N A/Resident Aides on staff. Experience in a Assisted Living or Skilled Care environment is a plus.
We offer a broad range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, STD and LTD. Must pass a drug screen and background check. This is a full-time position that requires a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as an Assistant Director.
Assist the DHW in supervising nursing responsibilities in the community to include supervising staff. Assist in maintaining five-star hospitality and nursing standards that meet the guidelines of the state as well as the policies and procedures of Foster Senior Living.
PURPOSE OF THE NURSING DEPARTMENT:
The purpose of the Nursing Department is to meet the medical needs of all residents to include medication, management, emergency care and basic daily health needs of the residents while maintaining the state standards. Assist in meeting the needs of the residents in accordance with physician’s orders.
Keep current and integrates new information. Communicates and model’s organization values and fosters high performance.
Apply in person with RESUME at Hearthside Senior Living of Bartlett, 7480 Hwy. 70, Bartlett, TN 38133 or fax resume to (901) 266-3949 or apply via online to www.hearthsideseniorliving.com.
Please only seriously interested and qualified applicants apply.
LPN – Various Shifts Available
LPN needed for a senior assisted living facility in Bartlett, TN. LPN must have at least (but not limited to) a minimum of 1 year experience in geriatrics. Organization and attention to detail a must. Current CPR certification required.
- Experience with Elderly in Related Field.
- Operate Small Office Equipment.
- Operate first aide equipment, minor health related items i.e. B.P cuff.
- Physical/mental assessment skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Training skills.
- Understanding of all regulations.
- Administer Medications and Treatments
- Prepare, administer, and document medications following accepted practices
- Must enjoy working with the senior population
- Consult with appropriate MD or FNP
- Supervise resident assistants on shift
- Respond to resident and family concerns appropriately
- Obtain report from nurse he or she is relieving
- Provide report to nurse coming on duty
- Make daily and frequent resident rounds to ensure resident is physically and emotionally safe and secure and implement any required nursing interventions
- Report to the Director of Health and Wellness
- Knowledgeable in nursing procedures and assessments related to nurse practice licensure
- Participate in In-service Training monthly and as needed
- Promote the well-being and functional independence of each client by encouraging involvement in community activities programming. Coordination of resident assistants on all shifts
- Chain of Command: reports to Director of Health and Wellness.
- Temperament / Aptitude
- Work independently
Days, Evenings and Nights.
Assist in all dining service activities in the community’s main dining room, private dining rooms, living room, auditorium, coffee shop/county store, assisted living and skilled nursing dining rooms and room service. Manage dining service within budgetary guidelines while maintaining, or exceeding, Five Star hospitality and food service standards.
The following specifications may differ depending upon the number of available employees among whom the performance of a particular job function can be distributed and the size and type of community.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, candidate will possess the mental abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Keeps current and integrates new information. Communicates and model’s organization values and fosters high performance.
- Makes written and oral reports/recommendations to Food and Beverage Director concerning the operation of the Dining Room Services.
- Administers department policies and procedures accurately to personnel, residents, visitors, and family members as necessary.
- Effectively communicates with co-workers, residents, staff and visitors.
- Demonstrates active listening techniques, seeks feedback, creates and maintains reporting mechanisms, gains support through effective relationships, and treats others with dignity and respect.
CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant)
Days Evening and Nights.
Direct care with resident’s including all ADL’s, must be willing to work days, evening and nights, weekends and holidays.
Duties will include:
- Assisting residents with daily needs such as dressing, bathing, toileting, transferring and other various requests for assistance.
- Medication pass
- Getting residents ready for appointments or outings
- Being social and friendly with all resident
Must attend required in-services and work independently.
Certified Medication Assistants
Days Evening and Nights.
This position will ensure that the health and safety of all clients are met. The CMA will report client needs to assist the RN with planning, coordinating, and managing the care services and act within the regulations.
- Must be licensed with the State of Minnesota as a Certified Medical Assistant , and must maintain current and unencumbered licensure
- Must have a valid drivers license, if driving is required
- At least 3 years experience in related field
Days Evening and Nights.
Will assist cook directly and perform meal preparation and serving. Will be responsible for dining room set up and dish washing duties.
- Experienced chef/cook with background in serving multiple customers at one time.
- Also looking for independent hard-working individual to run kitchen when dietary manager is off the schedule.