We are Hiring!
Walk-in interviews welcome. Apply in person Monday – Friday from 10 am – 4 pm.
We are looking for a Line Cook.
Prepares and serves attractive, nutritious meals in accordance with state regulations and Five Star policies and procedures to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
- Persons who have been convicted by a court of law or regulatory body of abusing, neglecting or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Must pass state and company criminal background check.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience and/or knowledge of special diets, meal preparation for large groups and safe food handling techniques are required. Ability to read and understand recipes, work in a team environment, work flexible shifts, handle multiple tasks at one time and communicate effectively verbally and/or in writing.
- Ability to perform detail work involving math calculations, problem solve, handle emergency situations, read and understand menus.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism. Ability to interact with residents who are highly susceptible to common illness without posing additional health risks. Must maintain good personal hygiene, wear a uniform and comply with safety standards.
Come work with a fun collaborative team that focuses on making seniors’ lives better!Apply Now!