Who doesn’t love a day out? Whether you want a quick outing or a whole afternoon’s worth of activities, there’s plenty of things for seniors to do in Collierville, or take a drive to Memphis for even more fun. See our list of favorites below!
Things for Seniors to Do in Collierville/Memphis
- Take an afternoon to walk down Main Street in the Collierville Town Square! This area of town features several local businesses and places to eat—anything from a quick cup of gelato to a full meal. Main Street often has events, so check their schedule to see if anything fun is coming up.
- Also in the Collierville Town Square stands the Museum of Biblical History. The museum features biblical archaeological artifacts and replicas, and programs cover Gilgamesh, Abraham, Israel, and more. There is no charge for admission, and you can arrange for personal or group tours. It’s a great place to take grandchildren.
- Have a stroll through the lovely, scenic W.C. Johnson Park. The park offers breezy walking trails, ponds and fountains, and plenty of wildlife to see.
- The Morton Museum of Collierville History will remind you just how great this city is! If their exhibits aren’t enough for you, they offer educational lectures and painting courses. Admission is always free, but keep in mind the museum is closed Sundays and Mondays.
- The Brooks Museum of Art brings you fine art of all media from all over the world. Here, you’ll see works from Baroque painters, French impressionists, American regionalists, and more. On Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., admission is pay-what-you-can.
- The city’s National Civil Rights Museum at the Lorraine Motel showcases many pivotal events during the nation’s Civil Rights Movement. In addition to their exhibits and displays, they offer audiovisual material and lectures as well. The museum is free for Tennessee residents after 3 p.m. on Mondays.
- The folks at McWherter Senior Center certainly know how to have a good time! They offer a number of events from yoga, to games, to dance classes, and more! Check out their schedule for a detailed list of events, as well as pricing.
- Soak up the South at Memphis’s Center for Southern Folklore. The center’s mission is to celebrate the arts, and features music, crafts, and artwork from local artists. They frequently host events, so visit their website to see what’s coming up! The center is free and offers affordable food.
- The Memphis Botanic Garden offers twenty-three astonishing gardens—butterfly gardens, Japanese herb gardens, and a prehistoric plant trail, to name a few. Additionally, they host classes year-round and concerts during warmer months. The garden offers discounted tickets for seniors, as well as group sales.
Looking for an assisted living facility in Collierville? If so, we urge you to consider joining an assisted living facility like Hearthside Senior Living of Collierville. You will love our spacious apartments and convenient services and amenities, such as exercise classes, a beautiful dining room, and group activities. If you’re interested in learning more about the facility or scheduling a tour, please give us a call at 901-651-2503 or click here. We look forward to hearing from you!