No matter what your age is, going out for an afternoon is plain fun. Lucky for our seniors, our wonderful city of Collierville offers lots to do for any age. Get some exercise, play a game, visit a museum . . . there’s plenty to do! So whether you’re flying solo or getting a whole group together, check out some of the best senior activities in Collierville TN before you head out on the town!
Senior Activities in Collierville TN
Stop by Collierville’s Community Center!
The Collierville Community Center is practically a one-stop shop for senior fun. They’ve devoted time and resources to creating several senior leisure activities — take some time to try one (or a few!) out . . .
- Bingo. It’s a classic for a reason! The Community Center hosts a bingo luncheon from 11:30AM to 1:30PM on the third Thursday of each month. Pay $5 for lunch, two bingo cards, and the chance to win prizes. Call a week prior to register!
- Mexican Train Dominoes. Can’t get enough of games, or need some variety from bingo? On the first Thursday of each month, you can play Mexican train dominoes at the Community Center from 10:00AM to 12:00PM. The cost is $3 for snacks and game equipment. The center asks that you register at least one week in advance.
- Exercise. In addition to games, the Community Center’s gymnasium offers an exercise program to help seniors stay healthy and happy. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from 9:15AM to 10:00AM, an instructor will lead you through a variety of low-impact exercises to keep you moving—$10 gets you a punch card for 12 classes. The gym also holds a senior walking time on the track, and this is free. For more information, see the Community Center’s website.
- Travel. The Community Center also hosts a senior travel program, from week-long trips to a single afternoon out! See their information page for more details.
. . . or, venture out on your own.
The Community Center is wonderful, but it isn’t the only way for seniors to get out and have fun. If you have a free afternoon or a whole day, why not get out and explore our city?
- Walk through W.C. Johnson Park to see beautiful scenery, as well as get some exercise! The walking trails are perfect for strolling.
- Explore Main Street in the Collierville Town Square. Lots of shops and yummy spots for lunch—even if you’re just window shopping, the square makes for a great afternoon! They also host events frequently, so keep an eye on their calendar.
- Looking to nourish your mind? Visit one of Collierville’s museums! There is the Morton Museum of Collierville History, as well as the Museum of Biblical History. Admission to both is free!
There are plenty of options for senior activities in Collierville TN! Go out and explore!
Looking for an assisted living facility in Collierville? If so, we urge you to consider joining an assisted living facility like Hearthside Senior Living of Collierville. You will love our spacious apartments and convenient services and amenities, such as exercise classes, a beautiful dining room, and group activities. If you’re interested in learning more about the facility or scheduling a tour, please give us a call at 901-651-2503 or click here. We look forward to hearing from you!