Searching for a retirement home in Tennessee? Before you make your decision, remember to think about the city itself and what it can offer you in the way of entertainment, recreation, and social gatherings. Although your home is important and you should research your options for retirement homes carefully, your life will extend beyond the boundaries of the facility. That’s why we urge you to consider Hearthside Senior Living in Collierville, Tennessee.
Retirement Community Collierville
As a retirement community Collierville is full of restaurants, parks, group classes, and seasonal festivities. No matter where your interests lie, you’re sure to find exciting and interesting activities to do around town. So please, let us introduce you to some of the things you might do in your future hometown:
Things to Do in Collierville, Tennessee
- If you enjoy stepping out into nature, check out Collierville’s nineteen parks, which include beautiful landscaping, greenbelt trails, and tennis courts. The Historic Town Square is a beloved favorite with its turn-of-the-century pathways, antique-styled clock, and a charming bandstand surrounded by flowers.
- If you enjoy learning about the Civil War, consider stopping by the Morton Museum of Collierville History on Wednesday mornings for the Civil War Roundtable, where you can discuss the War Between the States with like-minded individuals. For example, have you heard of the Battle of Collierville?
- If you feel you missed the boat on computers, try taking a free computer class at the Collierville Library so that you can feel confident exploring the Internet and e-mailing friends and loved ones. Grab some friends from your retirement community Collierville and pretend you’re back in high school!
- If you love local traditions that celebrate community, come by Collierville’s Fair on the Square, which occurs annually on the first weekend in May. Vendors sell their wares, local performers and schoolchildren provide entertainment, and a variety of food is sold.
- If you’re a fan of music, dance, and the dramatic arts, you’ll be pleased to know that the Collierville Arts Council and Harrell Performing Arts Theatre are always working to bring excellent performances to town. If you’re interested, why not try out for a show yourself? You should also stop by the annual Symphony in the Garden, which is exactly what it sounds like: a performance by a talented symphony in a beautiful garden.
- If you love getting into the Christmas spirit, don’t forget to partake in Collierville’s annual holiday festivities. At the beginning of December, you can attend the Christmas Tree Lighting (which includes hot chocolate and entertainment) and the Christmas Parade (which features local floats and groups). And on three Saturdays throughout the month, you can enjoy strolling carolers and free carriage rides.
- If you love to cook with quality ingredients, stop by the Farmers Market on Washington Street. It’s a great place to find fresh, seasonal ingredients and support local farmers. Gather some friends, buy some fresh produce, and have a dinner party back at your Collierville retirement community.
Whether you’re a history buff, love great food, or you simply enjoy meeting new people, you’ll find plenty to do if you choose to retire in Collierville. With its caring employees, delicious dining options, and convenient services (like laundry, newsletters, transportation, and beauty services), Hearthside Senior Living will make you feel right at home. Plus, as a retirement community Collierville offers so many wonderful things to do, places to see, and traditions to join. We hope you will consider joining us at Hearthside Senior Living of Collierville.
To learn more about Hearthside Senior Living of Collierville, please click here.